The Rare Breeds Society has a list of breeders throughout the country, sorted by the breed of chicken the breeder sells. See www.rarebreeds.co.nz.
There are poultry clubs throughout New Zealand, with suppliers of many different breeds. Their website provides a contact person for many areas of New Zealand. Contact your nearest club representative to ask which of their members supplies the breed you're interested in. See nzpoultryassociationsinc.co.nz.
- Heritage Farm, Waitakere City: heritagefarmnz.com, Tel 09 810 8690. (Heritage breeds)
- Battery Hen Rescue and Rehoming, Waiuku: www.facebook.com/pages/Battery-Hen-Rescue-and-Rehoming
- Landseer Arabians and Poultry, Pukekohe. (Orpingtons, Wyandottes, Barnevelders, Barred Plymouth Rock and Speckled Sussex) www.facebook.com/pages/Landseer-Arabians-and-Poultry/760257350683000, Ph 021 049 1038, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Chick-Inn, located north of Silverdale, Auckland: https://m.facebook.com/The-Chick-Inn-1207466332646897/ Tel 09 810 8690, 027 550 9370 email@example.com (Barred Plymouth Rocks)
- Sunset Croft Heritage Poultry near Warkworth: www.sunsetcroft.co.nz, Tel 021 0292 1565.
- Streamline Feeding, Hamilton: Tel 07 847 6859 (Brown Shavers)
- Poultry Valley Lifestyle, near Morrinsville: www.poultryvalleylifestyle.co.nz, Tel 07 887 7737 (Heritage breeds)
- Eureka Poultry Farm, Hamilon: Tel (07) 8241 762